On microservices and containers …
- Modules, monoliths, and microservices – Avery Pennarun
Module boundaries and service boundaries are two different things.
- STOP!! You don’t need Microservices. – Ebin John
Having seen microservices playing the role of both the protagonist and the antagonist, I exhort myself to be the devil’s advocate. If you’re an architect or a designer who is leaning towards microservices as a default architecture, I urge you to bite the bullet and ask a few questions to yourself.
- The Business Executive’s Guide to Kubernetes – Jessie Frazelle
I thought it would be fun to write a post aimed towards business leaders making technology decisions for their organizations. There is a lot of hype in our field and little truth behind the hype.
- What is a container? – Marc’s Blog
When you use the word container, consider whether your audience is using the same definition as you.
- Docker vs. containerd vs. Nabla vs. Kata vs. Firecracker: Welcome To The Container Jungle! – Simon Kienzler
In this blog post, we compare more than ten container runtimes and classify them based on standards like OCI, Kubernetes’ CRI and CNI.
- OCI Image Layout – Batuhan Apaydin
A container image is nothing magical—it’s just a packed directory structure, much like a good old tar archive.